John Hendry Park

604-873-7000


John Hendry Park 

Locals often refer to the park informally as Trout Lake, due to the lake itself being its largest feature.

History

The park was one of Vancouver's first lumbering operations in the late 19th century. The lake was the water source for the Hastings Sawmill, which was owned by industrialist John Hendry. In 1926, Hendry's daughter, who was married to then-governor of BC Eric Hamber, donated the mill property to the Park Board with the condition that it be named after her father. 

In 1963, the Grandview Community Centre, located near Victoria Drive, was constructed. The community centre was renovated in 1977 and renamed Trout Lake Community Centre.

In 2010, the new ice rink and renovations were completed for the 2010 Winter Olympics as the training venue for figure skating, with contributions of $13.15 million from the Park Board, $2.5 million from the Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympics (VANOC), and $250,000 from the Grandview Community Association. However, the real cost of the ice rink is estimated at $15.9 million.

Facilities
— Lifeguards from May to September
— No boating allowed
— Designated swimming area
— 26,000-square-metre dog off-leash area (north end of lake) 
 
John Hendry Park
— 1 grass & 1 gravel soccer field
— 5 baseball diamonds
— 2 concession stands
— 2 washrooms
— Picnic area
— BBQs are permitted
— Free parking
— Biking trails
— Walking & jogging trails
— 2 playgrounds
— Basketball courts

For your Local SEO needs.

Blacksmith Local SEO